Tuesday, November 11, 2014

QUITTING SUGAR and the emotional ties that binded me!

How time flys,

    I keep going and learning and in such leaps and bounds I am not getting it in my blog. My attempt to be more consistent with all areas of life is surely a balance I'm getting better at daily however it needs improvement in some areas.

    So I have been asked many times how I got off sugar, this is by far the hardest personal journey I have done while healing emotionally at the same time. But I figured it all ties together so I better get it right NOW or the excuses will continue.

   I bought a couple books that I thought looked easy to read and had a ton of pictures in it to follow,pretty foods and ideas I knew excited me . I needed the journey to be something exciting and I wanted a feeling at the end of this that screamed success.

   SO  without writing too much. Im going to list a few steps I took to get here.

1. Researched at my own pace , the mere thought of life without raw honey and fruit didnt really sit well with me at first. I made every excuse as a nutritionist why these items where certainly ok for me. They were healthy right?

2. I made a decision I was going to do this for 90 days and commit to a plan so I knew forsure I was successful and had a story to tell. I didn't want it to be for a day, I wanted it to be something that could be duplicated by others searching for wellness outside of sugar.

3. I studied new ways to cook, make cookies and surely know I had snacks around no matter what. I am a snacker so this was crucial information for me. I was still dealing with the emotional part as well as physical so I didn't want to over shock myself by not being able to grab food when I wanted it. That was too restrictive for me.

4. I started creating, without a total plan in action I got comfortable with the thought and recipes and so when the time came to make the big change I was ready and not frantic for choices. I added them in slowly with knowledge and passion for new things and new recipes.

5. I chose to go RAW 90% of the time with only simple exceptions like, cooking my squash and pancakes and sometimes cookies. That isn't often however I allowed for good choices with out going 100% raw and sugar free all at the same time. I just knew for me this was the direction I wanted to be. I MADE THE COMMITMENT, planned accordingly and went for it.

6. In my process to quit sugar I decided to mentally take note in the changes in my thoughts and anxiety level, my attitude and my gratitude. I wanted to see how sugar affected my thoughts and my patterns and how they changed how I did things automatically and without really working at it. How could sugar in my life affect these areas? I wanted to know exactly so it was very important to me I was mentally ready so that I could pay attention to this end of the journey.

7. Time to do it!


This is how I did it, I will continue to give you more details with food and books I read as I go.If you have any questions feel free to shoot them out at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment